April 22, 2010 – History Television releases a new episode of Modern Marvels about the history, applications and influence helicopters have had on today’s society. The episode takes the viewer through all the most used and most innovative helicopters used in recent history, including the:
- Apache Longbow, an attack helicopter used by the military
- Blackhawk, one of the most sophisticated manned helicopters in the world
- Coast Guard helicopters which fly over water on rescue missions
- Popular Robinson made helicopters used by the police and civil aviation
- Draganflyer X6 and Grumman MQ8 Firescout UAVs
The episode talks about how the Draganflyer UAV RC helicopters use a new and innovative computerized flight control system; which flies the helicopter by adjusting each electric motors speed individually. The simplicity and reliability of this design has applications in future helicopter designs, and also makes the Draganflyer X6 UAV perfect for aerial reconnaissance and photography. The Draganflyer X6 UAV helicopter’s advanced flight computer is also explained, and the auto-land and GPS features are demonstrated.
You can watch the episode on the History Channel, or purchase the entire season from Amazon.com. More information about the Draganflyer X4, Draganflyer X6, and Draganflyer X8 electric RC helicopters is available on our website.
This article is copyright protected. Written permission by Draganfly Innovation Inc. must be granted to use anything from Draganfly.com